Thursday, November 20, 2008

Is this cheating?

No, I am not contemplating cheating on my husband. Where would I get the energy?
This about the December album. Taking Jess's advice, I just "did it" even though I did not have the motivation. I remembered that my Mama Angel had decided to get rid of a bunch of stuff she hoarded for years. I went to her sale to buy some stuff to hoard myself and got these albums. I thought they were blank inside with some stickers, etc. to fix up but they were finished! All I need to do is put some dates on the pages and actually commit to taking pictures and keeping up with the album.





This is the embellishments that I can use to spice it up even more!


Question for those of you who have done a December album. What do you do about days that nothing happened? Is this a day to journal about other Christmas memories or to write profound thoughts? Help on this one!

In addition to the December album, I have vowed to do a gymnastics album for Cee as it happens. I am going to get things ready so that the pictures can be put in immediately! Yeh, right!

3 comments:

~B. said...

Oooh, I love that second one. A lot. I think the thing about the December Daily Album is that every day has something that happens, the smallest memory even, and you record that.

I'm in the middle of mine...just taking a break b/c I have to keep getting up to take care of Spidey and his zillion needs and I don't want to be frustrated with either. So I will finish when he goes to school. Hopefully.

I was thinking of you, though, when I was working on this earlier. With all your scrappy stampy experience....your album is gonna rock.

And...by the way...any plans of coming home for Christmas?!?!?!

Anonymous said...

Hey! Sorry it took me so long to see this!

It's AWESOME!

The way I see it, is that no one looks down on you for using a recipe to cook, right? This is totally the same thing. :)

And as far as the light days... well, I documented us hanging out on the couch one day. ;) I slipped Starbucks coffee sleeves into an envelope one day and called it good. And if I got really desperate, I took a pic of some decorations and told why I loved them. ANYTHING you do is a-ok!

Hope you have fun, and don't pressure yourself. If you even do ONE day, it's something your kids will cherish simply because YOU did it. :)

Anonymous said...

ooo... also just thought. Since your pages are full size... if you wanted to do one page as 2 days or even a week, that might be more managable. You know? Like 7 pictures on a page = There's your week!