Thursday, January 15, 2009

Some quick updates from here.

I started teaching Monday and I think things are going well. Some of my students are a little bit like zombies but they tell me that they don't get up until just before class at 9 am. Since I am up between 6 and 615 every morning, I guess I understand.....
I have been asked to teach video editing for part of this summer. I am excited that my name is out there but I don't know JACK about this subject!
Riddle for you....
What's worse than being a soccer mom? Being a gymnastics mom! She is practicing 4 or 5 days a week now and then we have the meets on the weekends. Are these meets local? Hell to the NO (borrowed from Momster) The closest has been an hour drive! This upcoming Saturday, almost 2 hours.......This being Oklahoma, it is a very boring 2 hours.
Last Saturday's meet was good though. She showed huge improvement on every event and won 2 firsts and 2 seconds and 2nd in the all around. Ok, there were only 2 in her age group but her scores were competitive with the next older group. In comparing them, she would have taken a 1st, 2 2nds and a 4th so not too bad. When I download the pictures, I will post some.
The animals are all fine. Max was groomed earlier this week and then it got really cold so he is wearing a sweater all the time. Our house is not the warmest place in the neighborhood. We decided slippers and blankets are cheaper than propane and electricity. We are a very snuggly family now!
Time to get on with my busy life!

2 comments:

~B. said...

Ooooh, you're teaching already...how fun!! I hope that you really really love it.

Congrats to Cee!

Need new pics of Max for sure.

PS...did you hear about the new Star Trek movie? I just read about it on Jess' blog and DUDE!!!! I can't believe it. I'm out of the loop.

~B. said...

La la la la la laaaaaaaaa....got an award for ya. :)