Tuesday, September 16, 2008

No longer homeless....

That's right, I now am the proud owner of a house. With severe cigarette smoke stains, ripped carpet, sticky counters and cabinets, and other things I have not yet discovered.
But it is mine! I have no internet at this time and the technician will call me 'sometime this week" to come in and get it going but until then, if I eat lunch at the local Mexican restaurant, I get free wifi. The food is a little salty but other than that, not bad.
I have received permission to research on my paper and will be enrolling in the final class this week. My official graduation date is Nov. 13th and I have already ordered my cap, gown, tassel and hood! Good times.
I have spent since Friday working on my house. It took 2 coats of primer and then 2 coats of paint to cover the smoking stains in the living room. In Cee's room, we used a quart of spackle to fix all the nail holes that had been papered over. There was also the 10 foot wide murals drawn with oil pastels under the wall paper. I have primered her room but not painted yet. She is not happy but other things take precedence. I will compile a slide show later this week for all to see my home improvement efforts. Now I am going to home to change all the plugs and light switched in the living/dining room. Not just the plates, but the actual plugs! I am brave but I think it can't be that hard. I will let you all know how it went IF I survive. Tomorrow, I will be installing the new mailbox that I assembled this morning. The postmaster has to approve its location.
I feel like a veritable handyman!

1 comment:

~B. said...

You go girl!!!! I so wish that I could help you. I can't wait to see before & after's.

Good luck with the paper!