Friday, September 5, 2008

Tales of woe

Now that I have thoroughly hurt every one's feelings in my last post, I am back to vent some more! Yippy, aren't you excited!
I have been working on my paper, slowly but surely, but I have noticed a trend. If there is a book around that I haven't read, I'll read it instead. I have been very stressed and not sleeping well so I have a tendency to take a nap instead of writing also.
So yesterday afternoon, I thought "Go somewhere to get away from the distractions." I had everything planned. Take Cee to bus stop, take shower, make myself presentable and take laptop to Starbucks. I could sit there, drink outrageously priced coffee and be totally cool. No books to read, no couch to sleep on. Lots of work done, right?
The patron saint of mischief must have listening in. I can hear the laughter "Bwaaahhaaa!"
Here's what happened. The mortgage company wants to talk to Joe Dog, you know, my hubby, who is in Japan, 14 hours time difference. That one. And we can't just give them the phone number, he has to call the credit agency and change the number so the mortgage company can get it from them and call him. And then when he finally speaks to a human (although that is not what Joe calls him) at the credit agency, they won't put a phone number on his credit report.
At 9 pm last night, the toilet plugs up. Bad. Really bad. I pull out the handy dandy plunger provided with the room and give it a try, no go. I call the front desk for maintenance and am told there is no one on duty at that time of night. So, we continue to use it for non-solid waste until this morning when I call for maintenance again.
My request gets caught in the shift change turmoil. I call again. Maintenance finally shows up. Unfortunately, one of them is completely terrified of dogs so I lock Teesha in the bedroom. She proceeds to howl and howl and howl the whole time they are here.
They try my plunger, their plunger, their snake thingy. No luck. By this time, I am bursting at the seems. I finally go to the housekeeping office to pee. They have to call out someone else. "When will they be here?" I ask. "Sometime today" he answers. I tell him that is not acceptable. He makes a phone call from my room and is waiting for the call back when the phone rings. He answers, thinking it is the boss. It is not. It is my, by this time, very irritable husband, wondering why there is a strange man in my room, using my phone. Thank goodness, he was too tired to get upset.
Later, more maintenance shows up with yet another plunger and presto, toilet unplugged. Now I can shower, go to Starbucks, get busy writing, all is well.
Guess what I did instead?

I took a nap. Yep, couldn't take any more. Went to sleep and woke up refreshed and ready to write. This post that is..... :)

1 comment:

~B. said...

Omigosh, that SUCKS...all of it.

But I'm glad that you posted.

I hope you have a good weekend...any plans?