Tuesday, December 2, 2008

My parents are here...and a Thanksgiving update.

My parents came in last night. They were in Chicago visiting my brother and family and came this way to see us. My mom is not well but the docs said to just go while they wait for test results to come back. This could be as long as 8 weeks. Like my mom said, "I'll be dead or cured by then." So they are here and I hope this visit goes well because, lets face it, they are getting older. My dad is 71 now and my mom is getting ready to turn 69. I don't know how much longer they will be traveling around the country. Their friends of at least 35 years might also come in from Arizona to see them while they are here, also.
Thanksgiving was a disappointment for me this year. We decided to not cook for just the 3 of us. So instead, we went to the local resort hotel for their buffet. Items missing included turkey/brown gravy, corn, green bean casserole, pumpkin pie, whipped cream and ice cream. How is this a proper Thanksgiving? For the amount we paid, I think there should have been all of the above....Afterwards, we went hiking and took some spectacular pictures but I have to download them and I haven't gotten to that yet....That evening, we invited some people over for dessert and that wasn't bad but overall, a let down...
This was the first holiday weekend in 3 years where the hubby was not on standy-by, alert, standby for alert or completely away from home. He was wondering why I was so affectionate this weekend, besides the fact that he is handsome, and I think it was because I was relaxed and not resentful of his job!!!! Men sometimes don't see the underlying reasons to things........
BTW, I didn't get the job at the hospital...........I didn't particularly want the job but I didn't like not being selected, KWIM?

1 comment:

~B. said...

Ooooh, I hope that the visit with your P's goes well! I also really hope that they figure out what is wrong with your Mom.

Sorry about Thanksgiving dinner. You could always go get a turkey today and do it up right...

Bummer about the hospital job but it didn't happen for a reason, right? Maybe that reason is that you can come home for Christmas... ;)