Sunday, December 7, 2008

The Ps are gone....

They left about half an hour ago. I watched them go with a mixture of sadness and relief....
I am very sad because I realized that my parents are getting old and they may not be able to travel much anymore.
I am relieved because I have a TON of things to do and I was not getting any of it done. They didn't stop me but I felt guilty doing mundane things while they were here and so everything is piling up. Laundry, dust, bills, shredding, Christmas tasks, dirt in the carpet, sweeping, etc. It was also abnormally cold and very windy here the whole time they visited so it really limited our time we could spend outside. We watched a ton of GSN and old Law and Order reruns......We did have a good visit with no arguing and disagreements, mainly because my darling hubby kept his mouth closed about things that irritated him. I give HUGE kudos for this...........
So, I miss them now and know that I am not going home for Christmas so I won't see them again for a while.... No, Momster, no Christmas joy for us this year unless I win the lottery...or airfares plummet to all time lows.......

1 comment:

~B. said...

HUGS. I'm glad that the visit went well. I'm bummed that you're not coming home. :(

Let's try this: on Christmas Eve for lunch, you go to any restaurant and order two appetizers. I'll do the same. We'll pretend that we're sharing. HUGS!!!

PS...thank you for the awesome scrapping stuff for the December Album. I hope to really get it going this week. H.O.P.E.!