Thursday, December 11, 2008

Southern Cream Cookies.

These are my favorite cookies......


Southern Cream Cookies
Preheat oven to 350°
1 cup shortening
2 cups sugar
3 beaten eggs
1 tsp vanilla
1 cup sour cream
5 cups all purpose flour
3 tsp baking powder
1 tsp salt
½ tsp baking soda
1 ½ cup chopped walnuts or pecans (optional)
3 tsp sugar
1 tsp cinnamon

Cream shortening, sugar, eggs, vanilla and sour cream until smooth. Add flour, baking soda, salt and baking soda. Mix well. Stir in nuts, if desired. Drop by rounded teaspoon onto a greased cookie sheet. Grease bottom of small glass. Mix sugar and cinnamon on a small plate. Dip glass bottom into cinnamon sugar and then press cookie flat. Bake for about 15 minutes. Makes 6 dozen cookies.

4 comments:

~B. said...

What? Your **favorite** cookies? Well...I may have to try them, then. G loves all things vanilla-ish...he should love these. :)

~B. said...

PS...looks like I'm a two-comment kinda girl tonight. But: 5 cups of flour and only 6 dozen cookies? Holy schnikees.

~B. said...

Triple comment...to tag ya...you're it! :D

JessCabrera said...

These look yummy! Wish I'd seen it yesterday *before* I did my baking! LOL