Saturday, August 2, 2008

The Amish Basket tour


At the request of Momster, I am giving all a tour of my Amish basket. About 2 weeks ago, I was going to my local Wal-Mart for something. I saw an Amish man sitting in the back of his buggy with baskets spread out around on the parking lot. I really thought they would be very expensive but I stopped anyway. I ended up ordering this chest (basket?) to be ready for the next week. A quick description for everyone..... The man had a beard and bare feet (which were dirty) but he was very nice. I actually expected him to have a funny accent (weird stereotype) but he didn't! I even received a post card from him telling which day my basket (chest?) would be ready... So here it is...........
Here it is in the back of my truck so you all can see how big it is.......

The only problem that I have with it is that it smells of the oils that were rubbed on it. It is very pungent and makes me cough. I hope that it will eventually lose this interesting odor.

2 comments:

~B. said...

Ooooh, I love the tour!!! Thank you!

So sorry that the smells are making you cough...could it be any worse than that other chest?

I love the traveling slideshow, too! Does Cee love the book that you got her?

Anonymous said...

Cool basket and huge I must say!! happy traveling!!