Wednesday, August 20, 2008

How high can you get?

I added a gadget to my blog last night and Momster has already picked up on it. Its Freerice.com and its a vocabulary quiz. For every word you get right, it donates 20 grains of rice to feed the hungry in the world. There are about 48 grains of rice in a gram and most people need about 200 grams of rice a day so you need to play!
This sight is legit. It was checked out by one of the teachers I used to work with. He used it as a teaching tool for independent learning. I have made it as high as level 49 (out of 60). How high can you get?

3 comments:

~B. said...

I haven't paid attention to that part...I've just set a goal of 1,000 grains for myself every time.

~B. said...

Tag! You're IT! See my UN-spectacular blog post. :)

~B. said...

Hey...was thinking that you are so new to the bloggy world that you won't know 6 bloggers yet. But I bet a lot of the SITSAS who are new would love to be tagged. That's how I got tagged in the first place. :)