Tuesday, August 5, 2008

The Mummy: Tomb of the Dragon Emperor

So last night, instead of updating my blog with all the pics and comments on our trip here, my lovely daughter convinced (nagged) me to go to a movie and it was.....

This movie was so bad that it was funny. It had the usual plot of beautiful women, emperor (pharoah) and second in command (priest). Unfortunately, the actress who played Evie was not the same as the first two movies and it was glaringly obvious that this new person was trying very hard to imitate her. She also looked too old for the roll. I understand that this is supposedly 15 years after the Scorpion King ended but Brendan Fraser did not seem to age.



It had some really funny and I even laughed out loud a few times but all the gags in the world could not rescue this movie from being a very poor copy of the first two.

It did have one redeeming feature in it though. Brendan Fraser with his shirt off. I could have easily imagined myself as the one who was being kissed. This, of course, has nothing to do with not seeing my husband for the last 5 weeks because of this move......


Just a gratuitous picture for those of you who like Brendan Fraser without his shirt....

1 comment:

~B. said...

Why do I want to put a bag on his head? :P

Muahahahahaaaaaaaaaa.