Thursday, August 14, 2008

A book review- California Demon



This is the second book in this series following Carpe Demon. I read this in one night so it definitely captured my attention. The main character, Kate, is mother to a 2 yr. old boy and a 14 yr. old girl. It is very funny with lots of "Mommy" moments that any parent can relate to including retail therapy, ordering pizza instead of cooking, leaving a store to avoid a meltdown... Just about any situation you have been in, she is in as she hunts demons without telling her family. Don't worry that the central character is Catholic, it is not an in your face book about religion. This book is well-written enough to be stand alone but would probably be better enjoyed if you read this series in order. Fortunately for me, there are at least 2 more books in the series so my fun can continue.

3 comments:

~B. said...

Ooooh, that sounds like a great book. But: will it scare me...the wimpy one?

Sun Angel said...

This will not scare even the wimpy you. I thought you were a Dean Koontz fan?

~B. said...

I am. But his demons and this book's demons are different kinds, I think? I can do fake demons...the Koontz kind. I cannot do Rosemary's baby kind of demons. See what I mean?