Monday, August 18, 2008

One of the best books I have read in a long time! The Gate to Women's Country

By Sheri S. Tepper

I won't call this best book I have ever read but it is certainly in my top 5. Many people might think that this book would not interest them because it is classified in the Fantasy/SciFi category but do not be put off!

I was actually looking for a different book that I remember the plot to but can't remember the title and I was out at whatsthatbook.com. I browsed through the other questions already there to see if someone else had already asked and I ran across this one.

Basic plot breakdown: it is about 300 years after the "convulsions" which are never specified but are some sort of civilisation ending wars. The women have taken over and men and women live separately. It goes from there. Part of the narrative form takes its clues from an adaptation of the Illiad.

I can't stress how much I enjoyed this book. I received it from paperbackswap.com on Saturday and finished it Sunday night! If you see this book anywhere, grab it, read it, pass it on!

No comments: