Sunday, August 24, 2008

That's one sick puppy....

Now, I've heard that phrase in association with someone doing something gross or stupid but today this applies to Max. Poor baby.
Maybe some of you remember that the dogs weren't interested in their kongs unless I held them but I decided to give it one more try and this time use CREAMY peanut butter instead of chunky. It worked! Both dogs really got into licking out the PB and I thought all was well.
Well, I was wrong. This evening, Cee and I came back from the pool and I opened the door to our room and about through up. Seriously, heaved and choked. I had put Max in the kennel because he had been naughty with Cee's stuff earlier. Thank goodness for that decision. Apparently, the PB was too much for his little system. At least it was all contained. He went straight into the bath (ugh!) and the kennel went outside. Then I cleaned the kennel, the tub, the floor, etc. I am pretty sure that I got the smell out but I may have olfactorally adapted. Housekeeping will probably heave tomorrow.
I feel so bad for him right now. He is drinking water but will not eat at all, not even saltines, his favorite treat!
So, if any of you have a space in your prayers tonight, think of Max.

3 comments:

~B. said...

Oh no! :( Poor Max!!! Please update when you can...I hope he's better today.

Sun Angel said...

Max has eaten this morning and is frisky but I did clean up some more puke last night. I think he'll be fine. :)

~B. said...

It's good to hear that he's his frisky self. :)